Tips on Ranking and SEO for Bing Search Engine
Now that Bing has acquired Yahoo!'s search technologies for the next ten years, it might be a good idea to get your site optimized for Bing. A lot of these tips are the same for Google and other search engine spiders so a lot of these tips translate across the board. That being said, to SEO for Bing only takes a few easy adjustments to your site.
Tips on SEO for Bing
- Text and Keywords are SEO Gold- Bing seems to like pages with 300-350 words or more
- Older Domain Ages-if your domain hasn't been around for years, think about buying an older one or buy a bunch of years on the back end
- Title Tags a Must- Bing likes titles but it has to be matching to the text or it doesn't count
- Links - Coming in AND Going Out- Linking out hasn't always been a good thing with Google but (and I am not totally sold on this one) everyone is saying Bing is better for you when you do share a link or ten
- Keep Your URLs Static and Simple- long numbered or confusing urls nobody likes, so make sure you have the title of the page or other keywords to use and then separate them by a dash. Make sure your urls aren't always changing either.
- Keywords to Content- They have to match and match well or you might be BADDABINGED off instead of just Bing'd.